My Journey


All my life I struggled with the unknowns of religion so I strived to find the truth because I believe what is true should be so definitively and without a doubt. So I began to study Christianity, Catholicism, and various types of Islam but none of them resonated with me, being that these were the only religions available to study at the time I had nothing left to study.

  In 2006 I ended up in the hole. In the hole they didn’t feed us much, so I was always hungry, tired, and frustrated, but I had a lot of time to think and one day I remembered this story that I would heard about the Buddha being hungry and meditating when he would had no food, so with what little I knew of meditation I crossed my legs, closed my eyes and began to meditate. It took some time to focus my mind but when I did not want to stop. The feeling was incredible like a warm energy flowing through my body, soothing and calming. Everyday from then on I meditates in the hole and not once did I feel hungry or tired, I actually gained the energy to workout. I made a vow to myself that the first chance I got to study Buddhism I would.

Soon after I got out of the hole I met a man named Bang who introduced me to Buddhism. I studied long and hard and found what the Buddha said to the unquestionable and based on my ability to accomplish. From then on I never looked back and to this day I can still feel that energy flowing. Now here I am with Sangha and practicing everyday. 
 By Dharma Brother Marable