Finding Myself


Dear IBS,                      Date 6/12/2013
    Peace and humble greetings. My name is Gino Alexander Vallejo. I am trying my best to seeking for the truth. I have been a Buddhist almost my whole meager 40 years of life. I have just recently retaken my vows of the five precepts and three refuges back in March 8, 2013 at Chuckawalla State Prison.
     I felt as if I was reborn a new. Over the past 20 years in prison. I had grown in wrongness and took part in wrong speech, wrong thinking and most of all. I had grown cruel and dispassionate to my fellow men. I had forgotten… NO! I chose the easy path of deception and hate.  My stay in Chuckawalla State Prison was very short.
I found myself going to Buddhist service. And had started to find myself once more. And when I got to meet Master Hueiguang and Ven. Xianzhong and took my vows. I had not happiness right away. But I found sorrow and pain to those that I have wronged. And so I found myself surrounded by other who must have felt as I have.
And then I found joy in the fact that these other inmates. These monks and the other people from IBS who took their time out of there lives to bring the word of Buddha for those who are like me with the loss of hope and peace. Have given the gift of love and compassion free of will and light of heart.
For I feel truly blessed and honored to take my vows. I was to get my new Dharma Name on the next visit of the IBS Buddhist service. I was transferred the next day due to some medical issue. Please send my Dharma name certificate with some Dharma books. Looking forward to hear from you soon.
I thank you for your time and what you do for us.
           
Namo Amitabha Buddha
Gino