Buddhist Service in prison



Dear IBS
Early last year I became interested in your Buddhist Services and consequently took the five precepts in March 2012. I am very grateful for the access to all of the services every month by the International Bodhisattva Sangha (IBS)
Though I am new to Buddhism, I have gained some insight into the way of the path. This has given me some structure in life. I sometimes stray from the path but never forget to get back on the path.
    Buddhism has illuminated and awaked my inner Buddha!
   I recently transferred from Chukawalla Valley State Prison up to the Newley converted Valley State Prison in Chowchilla. I immediately contacted the chapel here for Buddhist services. There is no formal such service here as yet. But on my second visit the chaplain read a letter to us from Shirley. Where She as reached out the warden for permission to initiate some sort of outside facilitation of Buddhist support.
I wish to thank Shirley, Danny, Vernerable Zhong, and IBS founder Master Hueiguang. I am also thankful to the Desert Lotus Sangha at Chuckawalla State Prison to help my in my daily practice.
With Metta
Joseph (Guan Wu)